- Case Study -
Significantly reduced approval workflow complexity at Vitra
Time is money - with highly innovative products, time-to-market plays a decisive role.
With BCT CheckIt to simple and secure processes
To remain competitive in a dynamic market, process reliability must be increased in order to avoid errors.
- Reduced "time-to-market" for highly innovative products
- Improve productivity and shorten development time
- Create process reliability while maintaining workflow performance
- Various checks must be carried out at Vitra, such as: attribute check (e.g. item ID pattern), change text; check of the revision counter; owner group of the items.
Vitra's guiding principle is to create innovative products and concepts with leading designers.
- Quick reaction to increasing customer requirements and current trends
- Higher automation of the release workflows through BCT CheckIt
- Simplify the workflows
- User-friendly and comprehensible release process
“With BCT CheckIt, we replaced a very complex release workflow construct that had grown over the years. The release workflows were getting slower and slower. [...] BCT CheckIt offers significantly better possibilities here.“
CAD/PLM Systems Manager
- For many interrelated release workflows, the Teamcenter workflow handlers are only suitable to a limited extent. BCT CheckIt offers significantly better possibilities here
- BCT CheckIt offers easier handling, better clarity and improved speed for approval workflows
- User-friendliness is the main focus of BCT CheckIt. Any errors are already identified via various checks before the start of the workflow. The users then receive a comprehensible error log and can make corrections.
Good service offer increases sales and gains new customers
Interactive spare parts catalogues are created directly from Teamcenter and checked for completeness with BCT CheckIt
Effective quality management with BCT Inspector
Continuous linking of drawing data from design to the shop floor reduces manual effort